Pet Kitten Contract
Breeder: Leah Wright
Address: 36 Peregrine Rd
Barrie, ON L4M 6R1
Cat Association: TICA
Breed: British Shorthair
Date of Birth:
Sire: Bruno (British Royalty Kodiak of Wrighteous)
Price: $2,500.00 (inclusive of deposits)
Conditions of Sale
- This kitten/cat will not be neglected or mistreated, and will have good quality fresh food, fresh water and a clean litter box at all times. This kitten/cat will receive frequent and kind human interaction. This kitten/cat will not be caged or confined to an unsuitable room. This kitten/cat will be provided with appropriate space and environmental enrichments such as scratching posts, cardboard scratchers, cat trees and/or climbers as well as a variety of toys.
- This kitten/cat will receive yearly veterinary examinations and the veterinarian’s recommendations will be followed to maintain the ongoing good health of this animal. Veterinary care will not be denied to this kitten/cat at any time.
- This kitten/cat will not be declawed.
- This kitten/cat will not be allowed to roam free outdoors unless in an enclosed run or catio where all sides and top are covered with suitable escape proof material. The buyer may allow the kitten/cat outdoors on an appropriately fitted harness and leash provided the cat is directly supervised at all times.
- The buyer will make every effort to ensure safety and wellbeing of the kitten/cat. The buyer will kitten/cat proof all areas of their home (and any other residences the animal will visit) and remove all accessible hazards.
- This kitten/cat will not be surrendered, given, sold, or leased to any animal shelter, rescue, research facility, laboratory, pet store, or other commercial or non-commercial enterprise. This kitten/cat will not be re-homed without the breeders consent.
- In the event the buyer can no longer keep the kitten/cat, the breeder will be contacted immediately and given the first opportunity to reclaim ownership of the kitten/cat or to assist in placement for the animal.
- Upon receiving the kitten/cat the buyer will examine the animal and any concerns will be brought up to the breeder immediately. The buyer will only accept the kitten/cat if they believe (to the best of their knowledge) that the animal is healthy at the time of sale. The kitten/cat must be kept quarantined in a suitable, kitten/cat proofed room for the first 72 hours of arriving at the buyer’s home. The buyer agrees to schedule an appointment with a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours to have their own exam done for the kitten/cat. Anything found after 72 hours is the sole responsibility of the buyer.
- This cat/kitten will be kept separate from any existing animals in the buyer’s home for a minimum of 7 days. The buyer will follow the breeder’s recommendations on introducing this cat/kitten to any existing animals already in the home.
- If at any time this kitten/cat is found to be neglected or mistreated, they will be surrendered to the breeder unconditionally
- WrighteousBrits guarantees this kitten/cat to be healthy at the time of sale. This kitten/cat has been examined by a licensed veterinarian and has been found to be in perfect health. This kitten/cat has received all age-appropriate vaccinations, has been neutered/spayed, microchipped and is free from any illnesses, infections, internal and external parasites, ear mites, fleas and ringworm. The buyer will not expose this kitten/cat to any ill animals at any time as this will void the health guarantee.
- This kitten/cat is negative for PKD and HCM as are their previous generations. This kitten/cat is FeLV/FIV/FIP negative as are their previous generations.
- To the best of WrighteousBrits knowledge this kitten/cat is free from any genetic or congenital defects or illness.
- If within 72 hours a licensed veterinarian has diagnosed the kitten/cat with a life-threatening illness, the breeder will be notified immediately and detailed documentation of the diagnosis from the veterinarian will be provided. The buyer will have the option to surrender the kitten/cat back to the breeder in exchange for an equal value replacement of the buyer’s choice. Should no kittens be available at the time, the buyer will have first choice of an equal value kitten from the next litter. The total liability of the breeder shall in no case exceed the purchase price of the kitten.
- WrighteousBrits guarantees against the death of a kitten/cat due to genetic illness or congenital defects for 5 years of the purchase date. In the unlikely event of the death of the kitten/cat due to genetic abnormalities within 5 years of the purchase date, WrighteousBrits will replace the kitten/cat with one of equal value. Proof must be provided in the form of a detailed necropsy report and letter from a licensed veterinarian.
- WrighteousBrits also provides a one year overall good health guarantee which includes viral illnesses such as feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV), Feline Leukemia (FeLV) and Feline infectious peritonitis (FIP).
- These guarantee will be voided if the kitten/cat is found to be neglected or mistreated, the required veterinary exams are not completed by the buyer, the kitten/cat is allowed to roam free outdoors, is declawed or any other conditions of this contract are broken.
- If at any time the buyer cannot keep this kitten/cat, the breeder agrees to accept the return of this kitten/cat unconditionally without any obligations to the buyer.
- If within 30 days of the purchase, the buyer finds it impossible to keep this kitten/cat due to allergic reactions to the animal or the kitten/cat is found to be incompatible with other members of the household (including other pets), the breeder will accept the return of the kitten/cat and refund the purchase price (excluding deposits and any related expenses). The buyer must have the pet examined by a licensed veterinarian prior to returning the kitten/cat to ensure the animal is healthy and documentation of the examination must be provided.
- If within 6 months of the purchase date, the buyer wishes to return this kitten/cat for any reason, the breeder agrees to accept the return of the kitten/cat and refund 50% of the purchase price (excluding deposits and any related expenses). The buyer must have the pet examined by a licensed veterinarian prior to returning the kitten/cat to ensure the animal is healthy and documentation of the examination must be provided.
The signatures below indicate that the breeder and the buyer have reviewed and discussed this contract and are both in full agreement with the terms and conditions outlined above. The buyer agrees they will abide by all conditions of sale. The breeder guarantees the kitten/cat is healthy at the time of sale and the buyer has been given an opportunity to examine the kitten/cat themselves and agrees the animal is in good health (to the best of their knowledge).
Buyer ______________________________________________ Date _____________________
Breeder _____________________________________________ Date _____________________